Quilt #35

This is a stadium quilt I did for Sebastian.  He is a good friend of all the boys.  The boys go to Timpanogos High School, hence the THS.  Stevie and Dillon will be getting theirs soon.

35-SebastianTHS-a

35-SebastianTHS-b

Quilt #34

Well, another quilt done with fabric that I’ve had for a long time. When I bought the fabric I knew I wanted to make a quilt but I had no idea what to make. Lisa C. helped me design this.

34-GreatPumpkin-a

34-GreatPumpkin-b

34-GreatPumpkin-c

34-GreatPumpkin-d

34-GreatPumpkin-e

34-GreatPumpkin-f

34-GreatPumpkin-g

34-GreatPumpkin-h

Quilt #33

Well, I finally finished it. I bought this fabric, Dragonfly Daze, back in January of 2011 and put it away because the pattern looked to be too difficult. I dug it out this spring and looked at the pattern, Simon’s Landing, and realized that it was actually very simple…and quick. I’ve always like the fabric. I’m glad the quilt is finally done.

33-dragonfly-a

33-dragonfly-b

33-dragonfly-c

Quilt #32

This is Joseph’s quilt, the younger brother.  The pattern is Looking In.  It too has forty eight blocks made from 46 different Dr. Seuss fabrics.

 

32-John-a

32-John-b

32-John-c

Quilt #31

This quilt is for John, the older brother.  It is the Dancing Patchwork pattern.  There are forty eight blocks with forty six different Dr. Seuss fabrics.  I had no idea I had that many.

 

31-Joseph-a

31-Joseph-b

31-Joseph-c

Quilt #30

With school and everything else going on I didn’t have a lot of time for quilts this year.  I did want to do quilts for some friends from church and their two little boys.  The quilt for the parents was from the Snow Happens line of fabric.  I like the snowmen (enlarge the second picture) and I really like the fact that the line is BLUE.  I got all three quilts back from the longarm lady the Friday before Christmas so I had four days to get the binding done on the three quilts.  So, guess what I did for four days.  And I do mean that is all I did.  I made it though!  My needle pushing finger was very sore and full of holes.

30-TomAndLaura-2014-a

30-TomAndLaura-2014-b

30-TomAndLaura-2014-c

30-TomAndLaura-2014-d

Quilt #29

I found this fabric at Quilter’s Emporium last year, right before we left Houston, and then I proceeded to lose it.  I found it a few weeks ago decided there was nothing wrong with getting an early start on a Halloween quilt.  As color blind as I am I can tell this quilt is loaded with lots of bright colors.  It was a fun one to make.

29-whos_watching-a

29-whos_watching-b

29-whos_watching-c

Quilt #28

I’ve had this quilt ready for a couple of months, we’ve just been so busy we haven’t be able to take pictures.  Decided to do it tonight and we had to fight the wind.  This a “requested” quilt.  Joey saw the Monopoly fabric in a magazine and decided we need to make one.  It was a real challenge finding all the fabric.  I actually bought fabric from five different stores since the line of fabric was a couple of years old.  It’s also a good thing I bought a little extra as I had to recut the pieced blocks.  I wasn’t paying attention the first time I cut. The checkerboard backing happened because I didn’t order enough of the money fabric.

28-monopoly-a

28-monopoly-b

28-monopoly-c

Quilt #26

FINALLY got two more of the boys’ quilts finished. This one is Dillon’s. The boys laid out the fabric themselves.

26-Dillon-a

26-Dillon-b

26-Dillon-c